At Faith Growth, we help churches share the Gospel online. We accomplish this mission through our easy to maintain ministry platforms/websites, digital ministry consulting and services, and digital ministry education.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to work our clients from onboarding through the delivery of their new website, to ensure that they receive a fabulous new website, and have a pleasant experience working with Faith Growth as the creator of their new website.
Following our systems, you will assist in onboarding new clients, provide design and content creation guidance, receive content from clients, set up website templates, and input all content received from in pages on the site. You will also provide training to the client on how to update/change their website via webinar and the creation of short tutorial videos.
Additionally, you will be responsible to iterate our systems to make them more efficient and ensure that we are using the best tools and plugins to allow for efficient delivery of new websites to our clients. This will require regular updating of our playbook (a guide to all our systems). You will also be encouraged to create new systems as needed to better serve our clients in the delivery of their new website.
- Schedule projects and work with clients to establish timelines and deadlines
- Client Communication (including on-boarding, weekly status updates, and monthly updates for support and maintenance clients)
- Creation of new development websites–including installation and set-up of new WordPress websites, and deployment and set-up of plugins
- Create needed input fields/blocks in the dashboard of client websites with Advanced Custom Fields
- Deliver implementations that are easy for a non-technical person to maintain over a long period of time
- Creation of pages for client websites
- Upload content
- QA testing and problem solving
- Provide website training to clients via webinar and via short walk-through videos
- Launch new websites
- Keep systems playbook up-to-date
- Performs project postmortems to ascertain what worked well and what potential improvements
- Set quarterly goals and identify resources needed to accomplish the goals
Required Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience using WordPress including setup, deployment, and management via the Dashboard and the Gutenberg block editor.
- Must be located in one of the following time zones: Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific
- Ability to interact with pastors, administrators, communication professionals, and volunteer board members as well as sub-contractors (creatives and developers)
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills (a great deal of empathy is needed)
- Have your own computer, a high-speed internet connection, and a place to work from (home office, co-working space, etc.)
- Creative problem solving
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Have a strong personal organization and attention to detail
- Experience working remotely is preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a part-time position (20-25 hours/week) to start but carries with it the opportunity for growth
- $15-20/hour DOE; benefits are not currently included in the compensation package
The ideal candidate is most likely a person with a church background that is familure with WordPress looking for a remote job opportunity.
Please complete our WordPress Implementor questionnaire to be considered.