Before your church can be listed in someone’s search results, you need to ensure your information is available (and accurate) online! We’ve listed a few free directories to boost your church’s digital reach.
- Check your denominational and judicatories! They often have listings on their websites so double-check to make sure your church is listed and all information is up-to-date.
- Google My Business – I know I started this stating that there are other directories, but the most popular is Google. Plus, Google’s My Business profile is free and you are able to list the church’s working hours, a description of your church or ministry, and contact information.
- Yelp – Create a free business page for your church so people can find your address, service hours, and read reviews straight from the mouths of babes, i.e. your members. Additionally, you can upload photos to give everyone a sneak peek at your building and community.
- Bing – Bing Places is a free service that will help your church show up in search results; start or update your profile today.
- Yellow Pages – Yep; the Yellow Pages have gotten on the digital bandwagon. Create a free account to help people find you– ”churches near me.”